It is Music Mountain Festival Parks’ aim to foster, promote and present Pictou County and Atlantic Canadian musical acts and performers in a safe, secure, family friendly environment which appeals to a wide range of music fans and age groups alike. The venue presents 3 weekend festivals annually which include the June Roots Festival, the July Blues Festival and the August Rock Festival. In addition to bringing in the best of regional talent, future aspirations may also include presenting larger touring Canadian, American or European performers should such opportunity arise.
ABOUT MUSIC MOUNTAIN
Music Mountain was founded and developed by the Swallow family of Thorburn, Pictou County in northern Nova Scotia in 2013 and with an untold investment in time, sweat equity and money they have developed a fabulous open air concert and festival facility just east of New Glasgow. Now in it’s third year Music Mountain has proven itself to be a hit with performers and music fans and as well with campers and families. Although not a “mountain” in the literal sense, the venue does sit high atop the surrounding country side and offers stunning views and vistas of the areas rolling hills and tree lined distant horizons. By day, one feels like they can almost touch the clouds, and by night, almost kiss the stars.
The park is situated on 80 acres and with approximately 15 acres currently utilized, there is plenty of space for R.V.’s, campers, tenting, parking and future development. There are great on site rest room facilities which are very popular with the ladies, as well as access to water for drinking. At present, there are no serviced lots available but there will be in the near future. Seasoned fire wood is available for a modest fee should you want the ambiance of a glowing fire at your festival site. There are on site food concessions for attendees convenience and also a merchandise area were folks can get their Music Mountain gear and pick up CD’s by some of our performers, and, maybe even have them autographed by the artist.
For the bands and fans, Music Mountain boasts an incredible 50 foot wide stage that is also 8 feet high, so you never have to worry about not being able to see all the great acts that grace it or miss out on any of the action and, if you wish, you can shake it all night long on the dance floor located right in front of the stage !!! The stage is also outfitted with an in house l.e.d. light show, full back line, drum riser and superb sound system complete with technicians.
Music Mountain Festival Park is a labour of love for the partners and team members who operate it and near future expansions include a playground area for the little ones and a volleyball area for young adults. Shower facilities are also in the works as well as those serviced lots for R.V.’s.
In 2014, Music Mountain presented many award winning East Coast artists and will be including many more in this years exciting, multi – festival line ups. So come join us in 2015, and see some old friends and make some new ones…by sun soaked day or by camp fire lit night…while enjoying tremendous entertainment and all that Music Mountain has to offer.
See you on the “MOUNTAIN” !!!
- Is there an ATM on site ? No. The nearest ATM is about 3 kms. from the venue at Crossroads Country Market which you will pass by en route to Music Mountain and there are of course many in the New Glasgow area. We suggest bringing extra cash should you want to purchase food/drink, music from our artists or Music Mountain merchandise.
- Is alcohol sold on site ? No, we do not sell liquor, but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Are food and cold drinks available on site ? Yes.
- Is there bagged ice available on site ? Yes.
- Can I bring my dog ? We’d prefer that you didn’t, but if you must please ensure it is leashed at all times.
- Can I bring my children ? Yes and minors MUST be accompanied by an adult/parent to be permitted and kids
- Under 12 are admitted FREE of charge.
- Can I leave & return ? Yes. Your bracelet will ensure re-admittance at the gate.
- Are glass containers permitted on the grounds ? No. Cans and plastic cups/containers are preferred.
- Can I reserve a festival site ? Not at this time. Sites are first come, first served.
- Can I exchange/refund my ticket ? No.
- What if it rains ? Our events are held rain or shine barring a hurricane scenario. Rain ponchos are available on site just in case and remember, it’s Nova Scotia, so those shorts & sandals may leave you a little chilly after the sun goes down. Best to plan ahead.
- Is seating provided at the venue ? No, but you are welcome to bring folding or plastic lawn chairs.